|Phone||033 260 5574|
- PhD – The investigation of the theological implications for the practical pastoral ministry of the evangelical Lutheran church in Zimbabwe posed by the political and socio-economic decline in Zimbabwe (1980 – 2008)
- Masters in Theology – Jesus is HIV positive: Listening with compassion to the HIV positive people through Clinical Pastoral Counselling.
- Honours – Christian Education for Social Transformation: A Critical Analysis of KZNCC teaching methods in Religion and Governance workshops
- Diploma in Education
- The response (or possible response) of the church to a variety of religious, socio-economic and political developments
- Pastoral responses to suffering/trauma such as HIV and political violence
- Pastoral care in a variety of socio-economic and political contexts
- Christianity in a context of African Indigenous Religions and politics
- Death and dying in church and indigenous cultures
- Homiletics, liturgy and worship in the African context bedeviled with suffering
- Clinical Pastoral Education
Publications / Selected Publications
- 1. Moyo, H. (Ed). Pastoral Care in a Globalised World: African and European Perspectives. (Pietermaritzburg: Cluster Publications, 2015), pages 1-304
- 2. Moyo, H. (2007). Jesus is HIV positive: Listening with compassion to the HIV positive through Clinical Pastoral Counseling. (Saarbrücken: Lambert Academic Publishing).
- 1. Moyo, H. “The Traditionalization of Menopause among the Karanga of Zimbabwe and the Shangaan Tsonga of Mozambique in a Context of HIV”. Alternation 23,2 (2016) 250 – 265
- 2. Moyo, H. “The Luther Decade on Reformation and Politics”. SAGE Open, 6(2) 2016, p.2158244016636428.
- 3. Moyo, H and Chisale, SS. “Church Discipline as Virginity Testing: Shaping Adolescent Girls’ Sexuality in the Evangelical Lutheran Churches in Africa”. Alternation 23,2 (2016) 89 – 104 (Co-authored with Dr Sinenhlanhla S Chisale -UNISA) -50% contribution.
- 4. Moyo, H and Mujinga, M. “Healing Ministry of the Church: An Investigation into the Engagement and/or Disengagement of the Methodist Church in Zimbabwe (MCZ) on HIV and AIDS”. Alternation 23,2 (2016) 44 – 63 (Co-authored with Rev Martin Mujinga –UKZN PhD student)
- 5. Moyo, H., 2016. For Freedom or Bondage: A Critique of African Pastoral Practices. Black Theology, 14(1), pp. 86-87.
- 6. Moyo, H. and Okyere-Manu, B. “HIV, AIDS, Sex and Sexualities in Africa”. Alternation 23,2 (2016) 1 – 9. (Co-authored Editorial with Dr Beatrice Okyere-Manu – UKZN) – 50% contribution
- 7. Moyo, H., 2015, ‘Pastoral care in the healing of moral injury: A case of the Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans’, HTS Teologiese Studies/Theological Studies 71(2), Art. #2919, 11 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/hts.v71i2.2919
- 8. Moyo, H. The Importance of the Physicality of the Bible in African Churches. Journal of Theology for Southern Africa 153 (November 2015), 128-140
- 9. Moyo, H. “Gendered Mourning and Grieving rituals amongst the Jahunda people of Zimbabwe as a Challenge to the Pastoral Care Ministry of the Church”. Black Theology, Vol. 12 No. 3, November, 2014), 213–229.
- 10. Moyo, H. “Dual observances of African Traditional Religion and Christianity: Some implications for Pastoral Care in the Pluralistic Religious Worldview of the Ndebele People of Matabo in Zimbabwe”. Journal of Theology for Southern Africa Number 148 March 2014), 115-132
- 11. Moyo, H. “Religion and African Indigenous knowledge systems; Healing and communal reconstruction in African communities”. Alternation special Edition -No. 11, 2013) 207-236.
- 12. Moyo, H. “Caught between a Rock and a hard place: The politics of Homosexuality and the response of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zimbabwe (ELCZ)”, Journal of Gender and religion in Africa Volume 18, 1, July 2012 –pgs155-167.
- 13. Moyo, H. “The Church and the Media: A Great Round Table?” Journal of Theology for Southern Africa, 142 (March 2012), 151-152
- 14. Moyo, H. (2010 ). Research On The Response Of The Main Line Churches To Homosexuality In South Africa. (Pietermaritzburg: KZNCC – http://kzncc.org.za/category/research/) Hungry, Sick and Dying in Zimbabwe 2009, The Lutheran Forum Volume 43 No. 3 pages 46-49.
- 16. Moyo, H. (2007). The Situation in Zimbabwe: Shortage. Theological Review, December 2007 -LWF Institute for Ecumenical Research – Strasbourg
Chapters in Books
- 1. Moyo, H. (2016). “Pastoral Theology: Its role and Relevance in African Christianities.” In Anthology of African Christianity, Edited by Phiri, IA, Wermer, D, Kaunda, C and Owino, K. (Oxford: Regnum Books International and WCC, 2016), pages 986-992.
- 2. Moyo, H. (2015). “The Changing Face of Religions in Southern Africa”. In Religious Identity and Renewal in the Twenty-First century: Christian and Moslem explorations. Edited by (LWF and Evangelische Verlagsanstalt: Leipzig and Geneva), pages 161-167.
- 3. Moyo, H. (2015). “Jesus is HIV positive: The body of Christ has AIDS – mitigating stigma and discrimination”. In Pastoral Care in a Globalised World: African and European Perspectives, Edited by Moyo, H. (Pietermaritzburg: Cluster publications, 2015), pages 13-37
- 4. Moyo, H. (2015). Editorial introduction, the conference that produced the book: An overview (Pietermaritzburg: Cluster publication, 2015) xix – xxxii.
- 5. Moyo, H. (2015). “The embryonic identity of a pastor in Southern Africa”. In Pastoral Care in a Globalised World: African and European Perspectives, Edited by Moyo, H. (Pietermaritzburg: Cluster publications, 2015), pages 13-37
- Liturgy and Justice in Postcolonial Zimbabwe: Holy People, Holy Places, Holy Things in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Zimbabwe, in Liturgy and Postcolonialism: an Introduction. Edited by Cl á udio Carvalhaes (Chicago: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015) 95 -106.
- Doing Clinical Pastoral Education workshops in the SADC region for church leaders capacitating them with skills and knowledge to respond to human suffering/trauma especial around HIV and AIDS, Political violence, death and dying, unemployment and drug abuse.
- Clinical Pastoral Counselling
- Pastoral care in a variety of socio-economic and political contexts
- Research proposal development
- 213574504 Songelwayo Walter Chibambo
- 215048049 Johannes Haufiku
- 215073354 Bitrus Bawa Yusuf
- 215081660 Nyaradzai Mandevhana
- 216040398 Sylvia Mukuka
- 216050390 Terence Mupangwa
- 216076111 Sibonginkosi Hove
- 942400304 Lawrence Themba Khanyile
- 216076823 Mirirayi Knowledge
- 203507843 Mhaka Vushebwashe
- 210553972 Thandi Goodness Mngoma
- 213565338 Athol Paul Abrahams
- 2215082579 Trust Moyo
- 14584042 Selom Klu
- 212558283 Dumisani Joshua Nxumalo
- 206501803 Victor Ntombela
- 206524424 Thembalethu Mchunu
- 217009148 Morgan Ngwaru
- 217075334 Tongesayi Katsvairo
- 205505457 Wiseman Sibiya
- 207527831 Phumulani Majozi
- 214538913 Mbongiswa Shezi
- 217010578 Andile Nokwindla
- 217073096 Viwe Mkhunyana
- 217080173 Nhlonipho Mdletshe
- 217080649 Khonjelwayo Mthunzi
- 203508427 Nsele, David N