External Research Profile
- Religion, Race, Migration, Postcolonialism,
- Research Methodology, Sociology of Religion
- RELG101 Introduction to Religion
- RELG203 Sociology of Religion (starting 2020)
- RELG306 Religion, Colonialism and postcolonialism
- RELG701 Research Methodology in Religion and Theology
- RSTR803 Religion and Migration (postgraduate seminar)
- Settler, FG. 2019. Reforming Space: Migrant Agency and Reimagining community and belonging. In Reforming Space, Body and Politics, edited by Auli Vähäkangas, Kirstine Helboe Johansen, Tone S. Kaufman and Sivert Angel. Zurich: Lit Verlag
- Settler, FG. 2018. A Postcolonial Perspective of Religion and Migration. In Borderland Religion edited by Bryan Turner and Trygve Wyller. Abingdon: Routledge Press.
- Settler, FG. 2017. Migrants as Victim or Villains: limitation for sociological and theological inquiry. In Faith and Migration, edited by Philippe Denis. Pietermaritzburg: Cluster Publications.
Editorials, Reviews and Commentaries
- Settler, FG and MH Engh. 2018. Editorial: Religion and Migration in Africa the African Diaspora. Alternation. Special Edition 22. pp.1-10
- Settler, FG. 2013. Introducing Trends, Theories and Transdisciplinarity in Gender, Religion and Culture (editorial) Journal of Gender and Religion in Africa, 19(2): 1-9.
- Settler, FG. 2013. Book Review “The Law and the Prophets: Black Consciousness in South Africa”. Journal of Theology for Southern Africa, Issue 147: 124-127.