External Research Profile
- B.Th, MDiv, Licentiate in Theology,
- MTh (Old Testament) Stellenbosch University,
- DTh (Old Testament) Stellenbosch University
- Contextual and Intercultural Bible Reading, Feminist and Queer interpretation of the Bible, Intersection Gender, Health and Theology, Sexuality and Queer Studies.
- Associate Professor Gender and Religion at the School of Religion, Philosophy and Classics at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. (Since August 2017 to present)
- Research and Program coordinator for the Gender Unit at the Faculty of Theology, Stellenbosch University situated within the Beyers Naude Centre for Public Theology. (April 2016 till July 2017)
- Program developer and coordinator for MTh program with the focus Gender, Health and Theology at the Faculty of Theology, Stellenbosch University in partnership with the Church of Sweden (July 2012 – April 2016)
- Minister of Religion at Maitland Community Church, Maitland, Cape Town, South Africa, (April 2012 till July 2017)
- Researcher for the Non-Governmental Organization Inclusive and Affirming Ministries (IAM) (January 2012 – December 2016)
- Post-doctoral research fellow of the Department Old and New Testamnt and the Centre for Bible Translation and Interpretation in Africa (CEBITA) at Faculty of Theology, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (May 2010 – April 2012).
- Minister at the Dutch Reformed Church, Albanie Grahamstad, Makanda, Eastern Cape, South Africa (2006 – April 2010)
- Minister of religion in term specified contract post at Studentekerk, Stellenbosch, South Africa (2003- 2004)
- Assistant Director, Maties Hockey Institute, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (2003- 2004)
- Toward a Communal Reading of 2 Samuel 13: Ideology and Power Within the Intercultural Bible Reading Process (Intercultural Biblical Hermeneutics Series, no. 2. Institute of Mennonite Studies, Elkhart, IN, 2014).