- BSocSc, BSocSc (hons), MA, PhD
- Political Philosophy and Ethics
- Political Philosophy, Ethics, African Philosophy, Feminist Philosophy
- Clare, J and Sivil, R. 2014. Philosophical counselling, professionalization, and professionalism: A South African Perspective, in International Journal of Applied Philosophy 28:2, pp. 311-324.
- Clare, J and Sivil, R. 2014. Autonomy lost: the bureaucratisation of South African Higher Education, in South African Journal of Higher Education 28:1, pp.60-71.
- Clare, J. and Horn, T. 2010 Sen and sensibility, South African Journal of Philosophy 29:2, pp.74-84.
- Clare, J. 2008. The frustration of an unfinished conversation, Critical Arts 22:2, pp.358-361.
- Clare, J. 2008. Sketch of a conversational society, South African Journal of Philosophy 27:2, pp.80-90.